These terms have been written to be understood but if you don’t understand anything, do contact us and we’ll do our best to explain.
We do change these Terms from time to time, so you are advised to periodically check these terms for any changes we may have made.
Please bear in mind that we have the right to cancel your account at any time for any of the reasons we have explained in the below Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and agree that:
- You are limited to one account with us.
- Account names will not be offensive, suggest that you are someone else or that you represent a trade or brand name. If you are a breeder or a company and you agree that we may insist that you change your username if we think it breaks this term.
- You will not use robots, spiders or the like on our site.
- You will not modify any part of our website of change its use in any way.
- You won’t do anything that might cause our website or anything within it crash.
- You won’t steal, borrow, copy or otherwise obtain anything from the website even for use elsewhere.
- You will not try to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any programs we use in connection with this site, its System or the services it offers.
- You will not copy, imitate or use the trademarks and/or designs and/or layout or anything else which would usually amount to intellectual property and which we own.
- You don’t have the right to copy or use any of the information or intellectual property on the Site, other than to use the Site, unless we give that right to you.
- Either we or our affiliates own all of the information and intellectual property on the site.
- We have no means of assessing the ownership of any content uploaded to the site by Users and make no warranties that those posting that Content have the right to do so – if you believe that your Intellectual Property Rights have been breached in any way, let us know and we will remove any material which breaches those rights.
- By uploading an Image/s here you thereby allow Regpets and its licensees a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right to copy, crop, reproduce, edit, publish, display, distribute or otherwise use the image or video publicly in all languages and all media, whether now known or hereinafter devised, in perpetuity. Regpets may select certain Images that you upload to the site for promotional activities of our Regpets business, including but not limited to: use in Regpets own promotional materials either online or in printed form.
- We will have no rights in any content you store in our system other than the rights contained in these T&Cs and you will indemnify us against all liabilities which arise as a result of your posting any material to the site.
- Legitimate use of our site:
- You accept that the primary purpose of the Site is to re-home animals and facilitate the sale of global services and that we do not provide the site to help you or your business make money.
- You warrant and agree that you will comply with the following conditions when posting any advert on Regpets:
- Any pet(s) advertised must be owned by you unless specified that they are being sold on behalf of a charity organization. If you are advertising a litter of kittens or puppies, they must be owned or have been bred yourself.
- In order to meet PAAGs minimum standards, we reserve the right to refuse any advert(s) that may compromise them.
- We enforce age restrictions on when pets can be rehomed within animal welfare guidelines. For dogs they cannot be separated from their mother before 8 weeks of age, and for cats at 13 weeks of age.
- All uploaded photos of pets must be of the actual pet you wish to rehome, and not copied / downloaded pictures of other pets from the internet.
- Pets advertised must permanently reside at the location stated on your listing.
- You may advertise older pets if you are a registered charity.
- We do not allow pregnant pets or a pet that you think maybe pregnant to be advertised.
- It is not permitted to upload any advertisements that seek to swap or exchange any pet.
- You have clearly identified all health and welfare issues associated with any pet you wish to re-home.
- All pets for re-homing must be available for viewing at your home via video link or physical visit.
- We do not allow large commercial breeding of pets, regardless of licensing status.
- We do not allow anyone under the age of 18 to advertise a pet for sale, adoption or stud on the website. Also, we do not allow anyone under the age of 18 to use the website to contact an advertiser. If you are advertising a pet via the Regpets website, you must ensure anyone adopting or buying your pet is at least 18 years of age.
- We reserve the right to decline any adverts, ban, close or suspend a user’s account if we suspect inappropriate behaviour or unethical breeding, which is not limited to the rules above.
- If you break any of the above rules, we may end all or any Adverts you have placed with us and close your Account.
- Dogs/Cat Specific Ad Posting Rules
- In addition to the general ad posting rules you warrant and agree that you will comply with the following conditions when posting any puppy/dog or kitten/cat advert on Regpets:
- If you are selling a litter you must be able to show all puppies and kittens to any prospective owner with their mother and (if possible) their father.
- You will not advertise any banned breeds for re-homing. We will not accept advertisements for dogs of the following breeds or cross breeds: Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino or Fila Brasiliero.
- We do not allow dogs, both female and males, to be advertised for stud/mating if the dog is under 12 months of age.
- Advertisements containing dogs that are either a double dapple or a double merle are not permitted.
- Please acquaint yourself with the guidelines of your country for selling or breeding kittens and puppies and provide/upload the correct documentation for your country’s governing body.
- If two different litters are posted or born in the same 30 day period, we require that a breeding license is uploaded to your account.
- Pet shop license holders are only permitted to advertise puppies or kittens for sale if they hold a valid breeding license and have bred the pets themselves.
- If you want to benefit from the site to its fullest extent and if we ask you to do so, you must create an Account which will contain certain personal details. When you create an Account you promise that:
- All information you submit is complete, accurate and truthful.
- You will keep this information accurate and up-to-date.
- You must clearly state whether you are using the services we offer as a customer, breeder or rescue.
- You will use only one account to advertise any pets you own or breed. For example, you will not create and use multiple accounts under different names and addresses to attempt to hide the actual number of pets you breed or advertise.
- If we receive complaints regarding your account, you must resolve any issues to both the customers and our own satisfaction.
- You will not share your account with anyone, or advertise pets on your account on behalf of other people.
- You will keep your account details confidential and secure.
- You will not give your password and login details to anyone else.
- You will log off when you exit the Account – to prevent unauthorised use by others.
- Your Account will be closed by us if you break these T&Cs.
- Your Account may be closed by us at any time, if we give you notice to that effect by email, to the last email address you used on your account or the one you last used to communicate with us.
- If your Account is closed, for any reason, you will not be entitled to any form of compensation for any loss you might suffer as a result, even if you have paid for certain products on our website.
- If you do anything which we think might be fraud or otherwise criminal in nature, we have the right to report those actions to the Police force in your country and any money standing to the credit of your Account may be kept by us to cover the costs in dealing with your fraud.
- If we ask you to, you must authenticate your email address and your personal details with us and if you change your address at any other time you must tell us and authenticate it again.
- If you have not authenticated your current email address with us and/or if it cannot accept emails from us and/or you mark our emails as spam, abusive or junk then, and in any such event, we may terminate your Account without notice to you.
- If we earn any commission on any transaction in which we are involved or any interest on the money deposited in your Account we may keep that commission and/or interest.
Contacting An Advertiser:
- You acknowledge and agree that we are not able to check the truth or accuracy of any statement made by any person advertising on Regpets.
- You accept that you have the responsibility to verify all statements made and all documentation offered by any advertiser.
- You confirm that if you send deposit monies using an online service, we have no responsibility to you if, and when you lose that money. We recommend the use of Paypal for paying deposits.
- You warrant to not use offensive wording, spam users or use our messenger system in any automated or commercial way. We reserve the right to filter or block messages that we deem to be suspicious before they reach the counter-party. We also reserve the right to block users based on misuse of our messenger system.
Using Payment Services:
- Regpets sometimes charges a fee for certain services such as uploading adverts.
- We may choose to change our fees for promotional events or new services temporarily, and these changes become effective when we announce the promotional event or new service.
- Credit card and Regpets balance payments are processed via the electronic payment system Stripe.
- Regpets will only store the necessary information required to make a purchase. Your credit card information is NOT stored by us and is always processed across a secure server, using Stripe the online payment provider.
- We shall not be liable for the acts or omissions of such third-party payment service provider. You shall be solely responsible for the transmission of information connected to your credit or debit card, or PayPal and we hereby exclude all liability to the extent permitted by law.
- Please note that any payment you have made for any of our services will not be refunded if your account is terminated as a result of breach to these Terms.
Cancellation By Us:
- We have the absolute right to cancel any Advert which you place on the Site and/or to cancel your Account:
- With immediate effect and without notice if we know or suspect that you have broken any of these terms and conditions; and with immediate effect, if we give you notice to that effect by email to you for any reason we, in our absolute discretion, think fit.
- You agree that you are not entitled to any compensation should we choose to cancel an advertisement or your Account, whether with or without reason.
Cancellation By You:
- You agree that, for the purposes of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, no “sale” is involved in the services we provide and that you have no right to cancel this Agreement.
Privacy & Cookies:
- We can’t promise that the site will meet your needs, that it will work properly, that it will be fit for a particular purpose and that it will not infringe the rights of others.
- We can’t promise that the site will work with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate.
- Any advice given on the site is general in nature and may not apply to you and/or your circumstances. Unless the advice is given to you as part of a paid for service we offer on the Site, you must take steps to double check that that advice applies to you.
- We take all reasonable effort to test material before placing it on the Site. In the very unlikely event of any loss, disruption or damage caused by material on the site, we cannot be held responsible for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer system which may occur.
- Because we cannot know and understand your personal circumstances, we cannot guarantee that any suggestion in any material we provide will cause any specific outcome, and all such material is provided by way of general suggestion only and not in any form of warranty on our part as to any outcome you may achieve.
- The only rights you have under these T&Cs are those mentioned within them. If a right is not mentioned (unless it is a right given to you under the laws of England and Wales) then it does not exist.
Problems and Complaints:
- We do our very best to make sure that you do not experience any problems but if you do, you must tell us straight away.
- We will do what we can to resolve the problem as quickly as we can and without charge to you if we agree that you have a problem.
- If you wish to raise a complaint about us or any other user, please send full details of that complaint to us using the Contact Page. If we agree that your complaint has merit we will, at our option, contact any other user involved, suspend an Advert which has caused an issue and take such other steps as we deem appropriate to resolve the complaint. We do not operate a formal complaints procedure and will deal with all complaints in the manner which we feel is the most reasonable way forward. You have various rights under these Terms and Conditions and at law and nothing in these Terms and Conditions will have any effect on any of your legal rights.
Availability of the Site:
- We never guarantee that the site will be available all the time and if it’s not available for any reason you can’t hold us responsible for anything you lose as a result.
- We have the right to change the site and the services it offers, the way it operates, and/or suspend it or stop it at any time.
Limitation of Liability:
- We have limited resources and cannot guarantee that we will respond to any message you send to us, within a specific timeframe or at all. Whilst we will always do our best to respond to you within 24 hours, we will have no liability if we are unable to do so.
- Please bear in mind that we are a platform for the display of pets for re-homing and certain services pertaining to them and have no control over any transaction in which you are involved, neither can we verify the truth of any statements made in an Advert. Before you agree to re-home or to supply any registered pet you agree to take all the precautions needed to make sure that the person with whom you are dealing has been open and honest.
- You enter into any transaction with any other user of this site at your own risk.
- We do not accept any liability if you are using the services we supply for commercial purposes.
- On behalf of us and anyone who works with or for us (as far as we are allowed by law) we deny liability for any losses of all kinds which you incur from using the services we offer, visiting the site and using its facilities.
- We will have no liability on the ending of any advertisement you have placed on the site, if either you or we terminate your Account.
- If we are found to be liable for any loss you sustain, you accept and agree that our liability is limited to the direct losses you have sustained and will not include any loss to your goodwill, profit or reputation or any indirect, special or consequential losses of any nature and you agree that the maximum amount you may recover in respect of any direct losses is limited to £100.00. Nothing in these T&Cs excludes or restricts our liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on our part.
Links to Other Websites:
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- We don’t control any of the websites we link to and so we can’t be responsible for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any losses which come out of you using them.
- Just because we link to a site does not mean that we endorse or recommend that site.
- We can never guarantee that a link will work.
- If you find any link we offer to be offensive, please let us know and we will consider removing it.
- If you link to any other site using our site then you understand that separate conditions will apply to those sites and that we have no control over those conditions – so you agree that you will read and understand them before using those sites.
Modifications of these terms & conditions and the site:
We’ve already said this, but we need to make it clear that these T&Cs will change from time to time. As a result you MUST come back to this page to make sure that we haven’t changed the T&Cs and whenever you access the site, you are confirming to us that you are aware of any changes.
We’ve also got the right to change the site as and when we want to, but these T&Cs will still apply to any changes we make.
Operative Law – this Agreement is made under the laws of England and Wales and that is the only jurisdiction which can govern it.
Partnership/Joint Ventures – we and you agree that this Agreement does not form the basis of any partnership or co-venture.
Effect of Agreement – this Agreement supersedes any previous agreement between the parties in relation to the matters dealt with in them and represents the entire understanding between the parties.
Time of the Essence – time will not be of the essence in any part of this Agreement.
Warranties – all parties acknowledge and agree that they have not entered into this agreement with us in reliance on anything said or promised by the other which is not in these T&Cs.
Force Majeure – if something outside our control happens and that prevents us from performing our services then you accept that we are not liable for the consequences of that failure (this includes such things as strikes, riots, fires, explosions, war, floods and so on). If such an event does happen we will tell you as soon as we are able and resume the service as soon as we can. If we cannot perform the service within a reasonable time, we can cancel it and if we do cancel it for those reasons we will refund to you a fair and reasonable proportion of any payment you have made to us.
Unenforceability – if a Court or other body says that any part of these T&Cs is unenforceable, the rest of them will stand.
Notices – if either you or we need to give formal notice to the other it must be done by email to the address that each of us gives to the other from time to time.
Entire Agreement – these T&Cs contain the entire understanding between us.
Account means collectively the personal/identifying information and credentials used by users to access the services on the site.
Advert means any advertisement placed on the site.
Breeder means an individual who breeds privately or licensed breeder following the animal welfare legislation pertaining to their resident country, who lawfully breeds animals within the limitation of litters to resell.
Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of the site.
Pet means a tamed or domesticated animal kept for companionship or pleasure.
Refund means when a user requests a return of services in exchange for the paid monetary value.
T&Cs means the terms and conditions appearing above.
User means any person, firm or company using the site for any purpose.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.